Simple Lasagna With A Twist
Author: That Pickle Guy
Recipe type: Giardiniera
Spinach and Ground Meat Lasagna with Giardiniera.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 4 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2½ cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Giardiniera
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- In another skillet on medium heat Ricotta cheese and spinach until well mixed as a spread.
- Spread one-third of meat sauce in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; layer with 3 noodles and half each of ricotta cheese and spinach mixture and mozzarella cheese. (The ricotta cheese layers will be thin.) Top with one tablespoon of your favorite Giardiniera. Repeat procedure; spread remaining one-third of meat sauce and another tablespoon of Giardiniera over mozzarella cheese. Tightly cover baking dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.