Olive Pork or Beef Giardiniera Tenderloin Medallions
Author: That Pickle Guy
Recipe type: Giardiniera
Medallions infused with Giardiniera.
- 8-12oz Giardineira
- 2 medium sized Pork or Beef Tenderloins
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped fine or garlic pressed
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Large Onion diced & any vegetable of your choice
- ½-1 Cup Red or White Wine
- 1-2 tbsp Butter
- A couple pinches of Dried Basil & Oregano
- Salt & Pepper - Along with any other spices you wish to season your Pork or Beef
- Season the Pork or Beef Tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together Giardiniera, Garlic, Balsamic Vinegar, Onion, Basil & Oregano.
- Preheat saute pan (medium) & Add 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- Sear each tenderloin, one at a time, making sure to brown all of the sides.
- Reserve Tenderloins on a large platter, let sit.
- Deglaze the pan - Lower heat to medium & add wine and butter.
- Use a wooden spoon to push and scrape the bottom of the pan, releasing all the debris.
- Pour deglazed remains into a bowl.
- Cut tenderloins into 2-3 inch chunks.
- The Pork/Beef should be pink in the center.
- Add the cut tenderloin chunks to the large bowl containing Giardiniera mix made earlier.
- Add the deglazed juices and toss together.
- If it appears dry you can always add more Olive Oil.
- Scrap everything into a large baking pan or dish.
- Use a spatula to scrape all the wonderful juices.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending choice of meat and your desired temperature of meat.
- Serve by itself, over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.